The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD) is seeking a highly motivated professional to lead statewide multimodal and project planning transportation activities. This position will lead our Multimodal and Project Planning office at the AHTD headquarters located in Little Rock.
AHTD is a highly collaborative organization that partners with other organizations to deliver innovative, adaptive, and responsive transportation solutions. AHTD is recognized as one of the top state agencies for employment due to its competitive benefits.
Little Rock has quietly earned a national reputation for its livability, hospitality, and charm. Nestled at the edge of the Ozark Mountains, Little Rock’s status as an outdoor, art, history and food mecca has grown in recent years. Whether it is to enjoy North America’s longest bicycle and pedestrian bridge, the Clinton Presidential Library, or attend the World Cheese Dip Championship, Little Rock has plenty to offer for everyone. It is no wonder that Little Rock is one of the top places to live according to U.S. News and World Report—in fact, it is ranked the fourth most affordable place to live in the U.S. Little Rock was also recently named by Kiplinger as the best small or midsize city to live, which would come as no surprise to many of its residents. “La Petite Roche”—as named by 18th Century French explorers—has so much to offer for everyone.
Minimum $77,740.00. Salary is negotiable for exceptionally well-qualified candidates.
CHARACTERISTICS OF WORK
Under direction of the Division Head, this position is responsible for directing the acquisition, analysis, and reporting of technical information within the Transportation Planning and Policy Division.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
The following examples are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed. No attempt is made to be exhaustive. Related, similar, or other logical duties are performed as assigned. The Department may require employees to perform functions beyond those contained in job descriptions. The Department may modify job descriptions based on Department needs. The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department is an "at will" employer.
- Organize and provide technical supervision of complex transportation planning activities.
- Provide technical supervision to engineers and planners working on transportation studies.
- Provide technical editing for all published reports and documents pertaining to transportation planning produced within the Division.
- Oversee production of reliable and accurate inventory and traffic data.
- Possession of a current Arkansas license to practice professional engineering or upon hire.
- Ability to represent the Department in public, conduct meetings, and chair committee sessions.
- Experience and/or training in conducting transportation planning studies with a state or local planning organization.
- Experience in highway administration or supervisory work.
- Ability to interpret and apply Department policies and procedures.
Visit our employment website at http://arkansashighways.com/Employment/ahtd_jobs.aspx for more information and to apply. Application deadline is January 31, 2017.