NYC Transit Department of Buses
NYC Transit is seeking an executive with 15 years of experience in the transportation and logistics industry to lead Paratransit Services. This individual will provide direction and supervision of Paratransit services throughout the five boroughs of New York City and portions of Nassau and Westchester Counties, for individuals with disabilities that meet the eligibility criteria set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act. Paratransit operates with an annual budget of roughly $470 million and services roughly 144,000 registrants by providing 6.4 million trips per year. In addition, on-street service is provided through a combination of 2,000 dedicated vehicles operated by 13 contractors and through non- dedicated providers such as the livery, taxi and black car industry.
This key leadership role will establish policy for the operation of Paratransit services by third party vendors and ensure seamless integration of Paratransit into the NYC Transit Department of Buses.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Expand and improve Paratransit Services for people with disabilities
- Direct the creation and enhancement of all Paratransit automated systems including computerized scheduling and Automatic Vehicle Location Systems
- Direct the operation and enhancement of the scheduling and reservation functions provided by the Command Center
- Direct the determination of eligibility for Paratransit service through a unit set up to qualify applicants
- Validate contracted services to maximize efficiency while minimizing costs
- Direct all of the division’s managerial functions, including: budget, contracts, personnel, labor relations, etc.
- Participate in vehicle purchases to ensure that they are safe and reliable
- Organize outreach services to inform the public about Paratransit services
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Law, Transportation
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- 15 years of relevant work experience managing a large component of a Paratransit operation with 8 years of experience in a managerial, supervisory or administrative capacity
- Strong knowledge of transit planning principles and practices
- Strong managerial skills
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Excellent verbal and writing communication and presentation skills
NYC Transit Department of Buses offers competitive compensation and a robust benefit package that includes:
- Pension Plans
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- New York’s 529 College Saving Plan
- Municipal Credit Union
To Apply, Visit our website:
Use the following link to view the full position description and to apply http://tinyurl.com/j7uz87e - OR - or visit our website: http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/ - Select NYC Transit. Select Job Postings. Search by Job Vacancy Number: JVN 88580, Vice President, Paratransit, NYC Transit, Department of Buses.
MTA NYC Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer