ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY WITH AN ESTABLISHED COMPANY THAT OFFERS THE BEST BENEFITS PACKAGE IN TOWN?
WE ARE TACOMA'S BEST KEPT SECRET AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR A QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER IN OUR TACOMA MANUFACTURING PLANT!!
GENERAL PLASTICS - RIGID & FLEXIBLE POLYURETHANE FOAM AND BUILD-TO-PRINT COMPOSITE PARTS
General Plastics has been meeting the stringent requirements of engineers and design teams in diverse industries for 80 years. Commercial, military and composite manufacturing companies use LAST-A-FOAM® rigid and flexible foam sheet stock for its proven mechanical properties and extraordinary versatility. They also depend on us to provide high-quality, high-performance composite assemblies and finished custom parts. We work with our customers through the design process, feasibility, fabrication, and delivery of custom parts. From high-temperature tooling boards, core material or custom fabricated assemblies, expect quality, uniformity, and stability of materials with General Plastics. From the oceans' depths to deep space, we shape great ideas into reality!
Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance Engineer is a professional who understands the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control. Quality Assurance Engineering knowledge and applied technologies include, but are not limited to, development and operation of quality control systems, application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, the ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, an understanding of human factors and motivation, facility with quality cost concepts and techniques, and the knowledge and ability to develop and administer management information systems and to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
This is an advanced, technical position within the General Plastics' Quality Assurance Department. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills along with a strong knowledge of quality concepts, practices and procedures
· Identify barriers to quality improvement, their causes, impact and methods to overcome them
· Understand and implement configuration management, work instructions, policies and procedures and quality records
· Participate in audit activities including reporting, corrective action and follow-up
· Employ various supplier management tools such as evaluations, certifications, approvals, etc.
· Review design requirements, material specifications, process standards and regulatory requirements
· Review and interpret technical drawings including characteristics, GD&T symbols, specifications and process requirements
· Apply predictive and preventive action tools to maintain or improve processes
· Develop control plans, Gantt charts, Pareto analysis and SPC
· Understand material identification, control, segregation, traceability and shelf life
· Define, describe and classify the seriousness of product or process defects
· Employ and understand sampling plans and concepts
· Select and use proper inspection tools
· Accurately collect, store and retrieve data
Education, Skills and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in a technical field or engineering
5-7 years of similar work experience
Previous experience with an ERP System
Technical writing ability
Ability to learn and use quality ERP system
Experience in manufacturing of parts for aerospace or defense
Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) designation or a willingness to obtain certification
What we have to offer
Your innovation and hard work can help create some of the most unique high performance plastic products for emerging markets, and long term customers in the country. As a result, you'll find one of the best compensation, benefits and advancement programs in the industry. We're looking for energetic, motivated people with a can-do attitude and a desire to work smart. If you are a person with a strong work ethic who enjoys the chance to excel in a positive, team oriented setting, you'll find General Plastics to be a rewarding environment.
Plus, our Total Compensation Package is Beyond the Industry Average and includes the following:
· Competitive starting salary
· Generous Profit Sharing Program
· Outstanding Health Care Benefits Plan (zero cost medical and vision for entire family!)
· Company Matched 401K up to 8%
· Employee Assistance Plan
· We encourage healthy eating and subsidize lunchroom food/beverage costs
· Disability & Life Insurance Package
· Generous Earned Time Off Plan plus 9 Paid Holidays per year
General Plastics Manufacturing Company is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.